Saturday 14 August 2010

Precognitive Dream

At the time that I wrote this, I was writing every morning (sort of a journal) and I just happened to write about a dream. As it was dated and so on I know that I had the dream the night before.

28/11/04

A dream. I'm on a flat beach. The waves suck back a long way before coming back in. I'm paddling with Jack. We race into the sea as the surf recedes. Then there's a wave coming that's huge. We've run into the pull of the wave. We ran over the dry sea-bed, but the sea has gone back too far – it's like it's gone completely. But then it's coming – huge towering over us ready to smash us into the shore. But we ride it out safely.

Now I'm on a boat. It seems much too big to be this close to shore, especially in this unpredictable, crazy sea. We're bouncing on waves that are threatening to launch us into the seaside hotels. Is it Scarborough, Blackpool, something like that. But I'm up on the deck. Somehow maneuvering the ship. Saving everyone.

[This is exactly as I wrote it down, unedited]

When the Boxing Day Tsunami happened (26/12/04), I'd forgotten about this dream, but I was reading through my journal and found it quite freaky.

Obviously there are bits that are not to do with the Asian Tsunami (ie me and Jack being there). But there are some details that are very similar (the sea-sucking back, it being a resort-type beach).

According to J.W. Dunne in "An Experiment with Time" we have quite a lot of these precognitive dreams. We don't notice unless we record our dreams accurately and really try to look for the links.

I really recommend that you buy Dunne's book. Also C. H. Hinton's stuff is great.

Also watch Donnie Darko and read From Hell.

No comments: