Friday 23 February 2007

You have the right

drop down tiny apocalypse
flop down on me someday
none can name the hour
of your coming or of our
erratic lovemaking
subject to sudden coldsnaps
victim of postal mishaps
and leaves perhaps on railway tracks
unintentionally snowfallen kindly
guardian angel I will greet you
and entreat you to abuse
your right to dance
seize the night
surprised by the moonlight’s size
I can forget the colour of my eyes
but not your beauty though it lies
beyond my range of sight
eavesdropping on our silent conversation
someone sighs I think you’re lying
I think you’ll die of lies
you wear a hat that blinds them to you
but threads that seem to bind me
couple me in music tie me to you
we laugh aloud they never will discover
we do not make love to sound but to each other

No comments: